In 2017, the average health project in Horizon 2020 had a consortium size of 5-15 partners and receives between € 4-6 million in funding. A total of 519 proposals were submitted for 15 Call topics on health. Among those is the accelopment-supported EURO SHOCK project. With a budget of € 5.6 million, EURO SHOCK aims to test a new treatment procedure for patients with heart attacks.
For the coming two years, the entire Health budget has been more than doubled when compared to the previous period. There is therefore good reason to look at the Health calls for 2018.
Upcoming Health Call deadlines
In 2018 there will be three important deadlines for Health Calls: 6th February, 18th April and 24th April. In this timeframe, between 90 and 145 projects will receive funding from the 31 Call topics closing on these three dates.
The first stage of the two-stage proposal SC1-BHC-15-2018 (New anti-infective agents for prevention and/or treatment of neglected infectious diseases (NID)) will be closing in February. The second stage will be open until September. Ultimately, this call will be funding 5-10 health projects.
There are a total of 21 single-stage Call topics on health closing in mid-April. Approximately 60-90 projects will be funded. The calls for mid-April are:
- SC1-BHC-03-2018 (Exploiting research outcomes and application potential of the human microbiome for personalised prediction, prevention and treatment of disease)
- SC1-BHC-04-2018 (Rare Disease European Joint Programme Cofund)
- SC1-BHC-05-2018 (International flagship collaboration with Canada for human data storage, integration and sharing to enable personalised medicine approaches)
- SC1-HCO-01-2018-2019-2020 (Actions in support of the International Consortium for Personalised Medicine)
- SC1-HCO-02-2018 (Data integration and data-driven in-silico models for enabling personalised medicine - a European standardization framework)
- SC1-HCO-04-2018 (ERA-NET to support the Joint Programming in Neurodegenerative Diseases strategic plan (JPND))
- SC1-BHC-09-2018 (Innovation platforms for advanced therapies of the future)
- SC1-HCO-05-2018 (Strengthening regulatory sciences and supporting regulatory scientific advice)
- SC1-BHC-16-2018 (Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD) - Scaling-up of evidence-based health interventions at population level for the prevention and management of hypertension and/or diabetes)
- SC1-BHC-18-2018 (Translational collaborative cancer research between Europe and the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC))
- SC1-BHC-21-2018 (Research on HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and/or hepatitis C (HCV) in patients with mono-, co-infections and/or comorbidities in the context of fostering collaboration with the Russian Federation)
- SC1-HCO-06-2018 (Establishment of an International Network of Social Sciences Research Centres to help address governance and other challenges in the preparedness for and the response to infectious threats)
- SC1-HCO-08-2018 (Creation of a European wide sustainable clinical research network for infectious diseases)
- SC1-HCO-09-2018 (Building international efforts on population and patient cohorts)
- SC1-HCO-10-2018 (Coordinating European brain research and developing global initiatives)
- SC1-HCO-11-2018 (Strategic collaboration in health and care research and innovation between EU and China)
- SC1-BHC-23-2018 (Novel patient-centred approaches for survivorship, palliation and/or end-of-life care)
- SC1-BHC-26-2018 (HTA research to support evidence-based healthcare)
- SC1-HCO-12-2018 (Innovation in health care - a CSA towards using pre-commercial procurement and public procurement of innovative solutions in health care systems)
- SC1-BHC-27-2018 (New testing and screening methods to identify endocrine disrupting chemicals)
- SC1-HCO-13-2018 (Setting the priorities for a European environment, climate and health research agenda)
End of April deadlines
Another 25-45 projects will receive funding from the 9 single-stage Call topics closing at the end of April. The calls for the end of April are:
- SC1-DTH-03-2018 (Adaptive smart working and living environments supporting active and healthy ageing)
- SC1-DTH-07-2018 (Exploiting the full potential of in-silico medicine research for personalised diagnostics and therapies in cloud-based environments)
- SC1-DTH-08-2018 (Prototyping a European interoperable Electronic Health Record (EHR) exchange)
- SC1-HCC-01-2018 (Supporting investment in smart living environments for ageing well through certification)
- SC1-HCC-03-2018 (Support to further development of international cooperation in digital transformation of health and care)
- SC1-HCC-04-2018 (Digital health and care services – support for policy, strategy and (early) adoption)
- SC1-HCC-05-2018 (Support to a Digital Health and Care Innovation initiative in the context of Digital Single Market strategy)
- SU-TDS-02-2018 (Toolkit for assessing and reducing cyber risks in hospitals and care centres to protect privacy/data/infrastructures)
- SU-TDS-03-2018 (Raising awareness and developing training schemes on cybersecurity in hospitals)
Your Health proposal and accelopment
Have you spotted a relevant health call and need support in writing your proposal? Or would you like a competent partner involved in the project management or dissemination? If yes, then please contact us at +41 44 455 66 00 or through our website. We support both Stage 1 and Stage 2 proposals. Some of the current health projects we are involved in are: IMPROvED is developing a clinically robust predictive blood test for pre-eclampsia , PEARRL is a European Training Network (ETN) and Supporting LIFE is helping the treatment of seriously ill children in Malawi. The complete list of our current and previous projects can be found here.