As an SME (small and medium-sized enterprise) you have the possibility to become project leader of a EUREKA Eurostars project and benefit from this funding opportunity’s many advantages, from the application to the finish line.
5 reasons for choosing Eurostars
There are many reasons why you should apply to Eurostars; our top five are listed for you here:
1. Whereas other funding opportunities for SMEs have over 2,000 applications for a single submission deadline and multiple cut-off dates a year, the number of applications to Eurostars are in comparison rather small and only sum up to 3,422 submitted applications since 2014 with only two cut-off dates each year. Eurostars has a stunning success rate of 29% compared to 5-10% of many other funding schemes, which makes it even more attractive.
2. There is no need to apply to a specific and pre-given topic that might not match your idea 100%. You can freely choose your area since Eurostars supports the development of any rapidly marketable innovative product, process or service.
- 3. You will work in a consortium of 2-3 partners, which will give you the possibility to collaborate internationally, to combine and share expertise and benefit from working beyond national borders in a small team.
- 4. As an SME you can get up to 60% of your costs funded, depending on your country as Eurostars is a co-funded from the national budgets of 36 Eurostars Participating States and Partner Countries. For the period from 2014 to 2020 it has a total public budget by the EU of €1.14 billion of which €467 are still in the pot.
- 5. You still have 66 days left until the next cut-off on 12th September 2019, which leaves you with plenty of time to elaborate on your idea and find the partners you need to realise it.
How accelopment can help you with your Eurostars application
accelopment has vast experience in writing European grant applications. This experience includes project proposals for the Eurostars programme, such as the awarded OPTO-BRAIN, MAXCOAT, sus@pension and MiniLib. We are pleased to announced that two more Eurostars projects, which we submitted to the last cut-off date in February 2019, have just been positively evaluated. Details will follow here shortly. Once a Eurostars project has been approved, we can support you in the contract negotiations and provide project management support.
Contact our experts now: